The New Beef Industry Long Range Plan was presented at the Convention in Denver last week and received approval from NCBA’s Board of Directors and CBB. Identified in the plan are six key strategies and goals for beef producers:
• Improve domestic consumer preference for beef
• Capitalize on global growth opportunities
• Strengthen the image of beef and the beef industry
• Protect and enhance our freedom to operate
• Improve industry trust, openness and relationships
• Position the U.S. cow herd for growth
The task force that assembled the plan consists of 23 members representing a broad spectrum of the industry. For more information on what’s included in the plan, go to http://www.beefusa.org/uDocs/APPROVED-2011-2013-Long-Range-Plan-ONE-PAGE.pdf.